Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Polling place OUTRAGE


I Voted
Originally uploaded by kc tripper.
I made it to the polls today around 12:15 today. From the look of the parking lot at 2nd Presbyterian, I was expecting a line. I politely accepted a Vote No on 2 flyer on the way in and placed it in a trash can in the mens room. Once inside I was stunned to be one of only three voters. So I voted, and only felt compelled to write in "Anyone Else" once.

The OUTRAGE came when I turned in my ballot and was told that they were out of the "I Voted" stickers. Apart from the blessings of democracy and the right to loudly bitch, the stickers are one of the chief pleasures of voting. And if you're careful, they last a lot longer than a purple finger.

The good news is that this means a lot of people had already voted. May we all be counted. And may we all win.

No comments:

Post a Comment