Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Gnarls and/or Bierce



The video for Gnarls Barkley's lovingly faithful cover of The Violent Femmes' "Gone Daddy Gone" is up on YouTube. It's a hoot. And it demonstrates that somebody's been reading their Ambrose Bierce.

Favorite user comment: "gnarls is genius for not showing themselves in videos... because they are some ugly mo fo's."

Speaking of Bierce, "Civil War Stories" is still showing at KC's Screenland Theater. It's well worth checking out, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in it. For those of you outside KC, it'll be out on DVD this month.

And while I'm flinging links around, the director Don Maxwell was on KCUR's Walt Bodine Show a few weeks back. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only one who is reminded of the Cars video where Ric Ocasek turns into a fly? I think it was "You Might Think"

    ReplyDelete