Saturday, July 21, 2007

Plastic Sax to the rescue

Good news, KC! There's a new jazz blog in town.

Omnivorous blogger/music maven Happy in Bag has launched Plastic Sax, a blog devoted to the KC Jazz scene. I've lost count, but I believe this his fourth. Under the wildly improbable pen name "Bill Brownlee," he also reviews concerts and new releases for the Kansas City Star and its music blog Back to Rockville, covering everything from kiddie pop to country and back again. And he also coaches little league. Where he finds the time, I'll never know, but heaven bless him and his fingers.

There isn't a more knowledgeable or devoted advocate for the local music scene than HIB. He puts duffers like me to shame and we are lucky to have him.

I'll be checking it regularly (and blatantly cribbing his layout ideas). You should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment